Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Would like some Wise County citizenry feedback...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Would like some Wise County citizenry feedback...

    I have gotten into the habbit of watching the Wise County School Board meetings on channel 10.

    I must say that the board seems very divisive.

    The point I would like to make, however, is that Mark Hutchinson is one of the most animated people that I have ever seen. He cracks me up. I dont agree with a lot of the things he says but you can tell that he is passionate and usually can make a valid argument for whatever his point is. I think he represents the Pound/Appalachia area if Im not mistaken?

    What is the overall opinion on the new school board?
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Would like some Wise County citizenry feedback...

    Mark was my 7th grade homeroom teacher...lol..he's always been animated. It's a shame he was never head b-ball coach at PV cuz he was much better than who they had at the time down there. He's a stand up guy if ya ask me.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #3
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Would like some Wise County citizenry feedback...

    Was he principal at Pound for a while?

    I think someone said he was working at Red Onion now.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Would like some Wise County citizenry feedback...

    A few years ago he was the principal of the adult ed programs at Wallens Ridge and Red Onion I think. I really don't know what he does now. He was an assistant principal at PVHS about 10 years ago tho. When it comes to education, he knows what he's talking about.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Would like some Wise County citizenry feedback...

    Wise County school board is overall a joke. To waste as much money as they have on the school consolidation issue and still do nothing is beyond pathetic. Please, I'm begging you do something. The kids in this area need better schools to attend.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Would like some Wise County citizenry feedback...

    I tend to agree PVFAN.

    From what I can gather, the board is extremely divided on almost every issue.

    Hutchinson and Nelson make a lot of sense but they simply are playing to the Pound and Appalachia anit-consolidation crowd.

    Betty Cornett doesn't seem to comprehend much of anything. Vanessa Perry, Mike Mullins, and Phillip Bates are just along for the ride.

    Thompson and Salyer seem to be the most reasonable and intelligent people on the board but I dont see anything significant coming from this group as a whole.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •